|The Keir Memorial Museum
Open July to Labour Day
Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 1 to 5 p.m.
The Malpeque Historical Society at Keir Memorial Museum invites you to the 18th consecutive year of talks presented by speakers who relate stories of historical significance to the area as well as sketches,songs,stories of all PEI. The talks are held each Wed. morning at 10:00 a.m. beginning on July 12 and ending on August 16. Come join us and bring a friend!
We are grateful to the presenters who research their subjects so that they can offer the best of summer entertainment to you who come.
- July 12 (10 a.m.) – The Three Acadian Malpeque Bay settlements: 1728-1817
Speaker - Georges Arsenault
- July 19 (10 a.m.) – Sfhearr an theabhadh anmoch...(Late plowing is better than no plowing. )
A Harvest of Traditions from the Outer Hebrides to Malpeque Bay
- July 26 (10 a.m.) - Promise and Disappointment: Princetown's Failure as a County Town
- August 2 (10 a.m.) - Malpeque Diaries: The Diaries of School Teacher Lucy Palmer Haslam
Speaker - Mary McDonald-Rissanen
- August 9 (10 a.m.) - Ban the Automobile: Instrument of Death
- August 16 (10 a.m.) - The Mysterious Island
|Oyster Day and Barbecue
Keir Memorial Museum, Saturday, August 12, from 12 noon to 3:00pm. Rain date, August 13.
Entertainment, Craft Demonstrations, Oysters, Mussels, Hot Dogs will be available. Sponsored by the Malpeque Historical Society.
For further information please call the Museum at 902-836-3054.
Keir Memorial Museum Society Symposium
Keir Memorial Museum Society Symposium will be held on August 24 at 2:00 pm. Come and find out cool interesting facts about some of the Museum's treasures. Further information available at 902-836-3054.