top of page

Municipal Land Use Planning

The Prince Edward Island Planning Act contains the overall framework, authority, powers and processes according to which a municipality provides land use planning services. Under the Planning Act, and before a municipality takes on responsibility for land use planning, it develops an official plan and land use bylaw that are approved by the provincial government.


The official plan creates the vision for the use of the land in the municipality. It directs the use of land in the future based on considerations such as the physical, social, environmental and economic effects of past, existing and projected land use and development trends.

Select any of the following titles to access a PDF copy of documents pertaining to The Rural Municipality of Malpeque Bay Proposed Official Plan.

bottom of page